Missions and Duties
- Hits: 1119
The National Institute for Food Control is operating under the charter and operation Organization issued with Decision No. 2456/QD-BYT dated 09/7/2009 of the Minister of Health
- To undetake food safety hygiene testing for quality products, additives and to provide processing aids for domestic food production and imports.
- To act as a national referee in the field of food safety and quality control .
- To assess the risk of food safety.
- To offer professional guide-lines and to assess the capacity of testing laboratories for quality and food safety nationwide.
- To carry out scientific research, to organize specialized staff training, and to participate in all service activities related to food safety and quality.
- To undetake food safety hygiene testing for quality products
- Scientific research
- International Cooperation
- Consulting - Technology Transfer
- Autonomy, self-responsibility for task performance, organizing committee, personnel and finance in the range of assigned tasks.
- Food sampling of production facilities, circulation, distribution and preservation of food in the nationwide to serve the quality test, food safety and hygiene
- To suggest agencies and relevant organizations to coordinate and provide documents for the Institute as needed.
- To implement of consulting services, training, scientific research and technology transfer, service of quality analysis and testing, food safety required by organizations, individuals and businesses.
- To deploy of the international cooperation activities, invite the national and international experts participating in the Institute's fields of activity as stipulated by law.
- Charges and fees for testing the quality of food safety and other related services in accordance with law.
- Currently, the Institute is performing testing activities for the following goods:
+ Raw materials, food additives, food processing aids
+ Water, Environment
+ Packaging materials in directing contact with food
+ Genetically Modified Food (GMO)
+ Toxic, allergens
+ Textile materials
Some activities in strengths of the Institute:
+ Comformity/Standard regulations
+ Proficiency testing
+ Technology transfer