- Hits: 74
1. Introduction of water testing
Water plays a very important role in human health and life. Clean water helps people maintain their daily life because of using clean water to serve food needs, or for daily activities such as bathing, washing, washing vegetables, washing rice, etc. To meet the needs of personal hygiene and daily life, each person needs about 120 liters of water per day. Clean water is not only clear, colorless, odorless, tasteless but also safe for people's health. If using dirty water, it will greatly affect to health, because water is an intermediary environment for transporting chemicals and pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites that are invisible to the naked eyes.
Microbiological contamination in water
Common chemicals in water such as heavy metals, nitrites, nitrates, ammonium, plant protection chemicals, oil, grease products, and chemicals used in industry, ect. If the content of these substances in water exceeding the limitation will cause health damage from acute symptoms to chronic illness or cancer. The use of water contaminated by microorganisms is also a cause of diseases or gastrointestinal outbreaks such as diarrhea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid. Water and food are also contaminated with E. coli, Salmonella causing diarrhea, V. cholera causing cholera, etc.
Water testing plays an important role to control the quality and safety of drinking water. Currently, the Ministry of Health has issued the National Technical Regulations on water quality as follows:
2. Water testing at the National Institute for Food Control (hereinafter referred to as NIFC)
The NIFC deploy the test of all parameters shown in the above national technical regulations and other criteria according to customers' needs. Most of the parameters are recognized as ISO / IEC 17025 standards.
- Testing microorganisms in water: All microbiological parameters are shown in national technical regulations, including:
- Testing Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
- Testing E. coli,
- Testing Coliform,
- Testing anaerobic bacteria producing H2S,
- Testing streptococcus,
- Testing Legionella, ...
- Testing total aerobic microorganisms
- Testing Salmonella
- Testing S. aureus
- Testing parasites
- Testing of other pathogenic microorganisms in water: viruses, other pathogenic bacteria
- Testing sensory and physical parameters: Color, taste, turbidity, pH ...
- Testing metals in water: all parameters of toxic heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, cadmium, mercury, antimony, etc and other metals and minerals.
- Kiểm nghiệm các chỉ tiêu vô cơ khác: Ví dụ nitrat, nitrit, sulfate, clo dư, độ cứng, amoni …
- Testing other inorganic parameter: nitrate, nitrite, sulfate, residual chlorine, hardness, ammonium, etc.
- Testing of organic parameters:
- Straight-chain hydrocarbons and derivatives
- Aromatic hydrocarbons and derivatives
- Plant protection chemicals
- Antiseptic chemicals and by-products ...
- Equipment: The NIFC own the modern and comprehensive equipment system: microbiological identification system using MALDI-TOF technology, multi-purpose research microscope, PCR and RT-PCR systems, water filtration systems, inductive high-frequency plasma emission spectra (ICP-OES, ICP-MS), gas chromatography (GC-FID / ECD, GC-MS / MS), High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), liquid mass chromatography (LC-MS / MS) and many other specialized equipment for water quality research and testing.
- Background of testing samples: The NIFC tests all water samples for different purposes:
- Testing of drinking water
- Testing domestic water
- Testing water used in the production of purified water, bottled water, bottled non-alcoholic drinks
- Testing water used in production, farming and processing
- Testing of wastewater ...
Contact for consultant and sending samples
- Headquarters: Center for Scientific and Technical Services - National Institute for Food Control
Address: 65 Pham Than Duat, Mai Dich Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
Phone: 24.32262251 / Hotline: (+84) 947.744.411 (Mr. Luyen), (+84) 912.995.096 (Mr. Kien)
- Representative office in Ho Chi Minh City
Address: Tan Cang - Cat Lai Port, Room A102, Gate B Cat Lai Port,1295B Nguyen Thi Dinh Street, Cat Lai Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
Phone: (+84) 28.37.400.888/ Hotline: (+84) 918.959.678 (Mr. Nghi)
- Representative office in Hai Phong
Address: No 1, Ngo Quyen, Hai Phong city
Phone: (+84) 225.8830316 / Hotline: (+84) 983.300.226 (Ms. Thuong)