From November 7 to 11, 2016, the 23rd Prepared Foodstuff Product Working Group (PFPWG) and related meetings, including the 9th ASEAN Food Testing Laboratory committee (AFTLC) took place inJakarta, Indonesia.
Attending the 9th AFTLC meeting, there were 20 delegates from the 10 ASEAN countries and the ASEAN Secretariat. The representatives of Vietnam came from the National Institute for Food Control - Ministry of Health.
At the meetings, Dr. Tran Cao Son – the National Institute for Food Control – representative of Vietnam has been elected the vice chairman of AFTLC period 2016 – 2018. The AFTLC’s chairman period 2016 – 2018 is Dr. Panadda Silva, Thailand.
During the meetings, it was agreed that the ASEAN Secretariat would inform member states’ laboratories to register as ASEAN Reference Laboratories on Radinuclides, Marine Biotoxins and Scombrotoxin if they are interested in. The deadline for application is 6 months since being informed. In addition to the AFTLC’s other important contents, some new topics discussed at the meetings include Illegal Adulterants and Phytotoxins.
- The contents of the AFTLC meeting were reported at the 23rd meeting PFPWG during November 10-11, 2016.
- The 10th AFTLC meeting is scheduled to take place in Cambodia together with the 24th PFPWG meeting on March 2017.
Newer news items:
- Some training workshops to strengthen capacity of NIFC’s staff at the beginning of 2017 - 03/03/2017 07:23
- National Assembly’s monitoring delegation on "Implementation of food safety policy and legislation 2011-2016" in Hanoi visited NIFC at the beginning of 2017 - 18/01/2017 01:17
- Deputy Minister of Health Truong Quoc Cuong paid a working visit to NIFC at the beginning of 2017 - 16/01/2017 07:19
- Training on “Validation of chemical and microbiological analytical methods” for Northern provincial labs - 30/12/2016 04:05
- NIFC’s Food safety seminar on Elisa technique November 30, 2016 - 12/12/2016 09:31
Older news items:
- Fund raising campaign launched to help flood victims in central provinces - 31/10/2016 01:14
- Research on method development and new applications of LC/ICP-MS - 31/10/2016 01:13
- Collaborating with UNICEF, CDC, ICCIDD experts on Decree 09/2016/ND-CP implementation to introduce iodine, iron, zinc and vitamin A as compulsory elements - 07/10/2016 01:28
- List of proficiecy testing programs 2016 - 30/09/2016 01:56
- MARD designated NIFC as institution serving state management testing Phenol and Cyanide in seafood - 20/09/2016 04:41