Department of Microbiology
- Hits: 1102
1. Testing of food and water:
- Testing of microbial contamination in food by the traditional method: groups of bacteria as indicators of aerobic microorganisms, total coliforms, ... microbial pathogens: Vibrio, Salmonella, S. aureus ...
- Testing of beneficial microorganisms and pathogens by method of molecular biology: Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes ...
- Testing the toxicity from bacteria: Staphylococcus toxin, botulinum toxin ...
- Testing of beneficial bacteria: Lactobacillus, Biffibacteria, Bacillus subtilis,
-Testing of microorganisms in drinking water, bottled : Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli, coliform, anerobic of H2S’s induction, streptococcus aureus
2. Testing of bioactive substances:
- Quantification (defination of activity) enzymes: alpha-amylase, pepsin, natokinase, protease, cellulase, bromelain ... in food ingredients, functional foods
- Qualitification of enzymes: alpha-amylase, pepsin, natokinase, protease, cellulase, bromelain ... in food ingredients, functional foods, chitinase, pepsin, protease, cellulase, xylanase ... in the real raw material of animal feed, animal feed
- Quantification of enzyme: chitinase, pepsin, protease, cellulase, xylanse ... in the real raw material of animal feed, animal feed
- Determination of beta glucan, inulin ..
3. Testing of animal feed, feed ingredients:
- Beneficial bacteria in feed: Bacillus subtilis, Lactobacillus ...
- Directed bacteria and pathogens in animal feed: E. coli, Salmonella
4. Test for acute toxicity of plant protection drugs and chemicals:
- Testing oral acute toxicity
- Testing acute toxicity skin line
- Testing of respiratory acute toxicity
- Test possibilities for irritation / corrosion Skin
- Test possibilities for irritation / corrosion Eye
- Testing the potential to cause allergies
- Testing acute toxicity on fish
5. The other testing services:
- Testing of packaging, tools direct contact with food including infected material: pathogenic, indicted micro-organisms such as salmonella; coliform
- Testing of samples to find out the cause of poisoning.
6. Other activities:
- Scientific research:
+ Participation in research projects the fundamental level, city level ... (1-2 Thread / year).
+ Cooperation with universities receiving food students graduating: college, masters and PhD students
- Training: Training for provincial food safety testing laboratories and demands. Some regular training programs:
• Analysis of microbiological in food and feed
• Analysis of enzyme activity
• Analysis of staphylococcal toxins
• Analysis of pathogenic using molecular biology methods
• Analysis of beneficial bacteria by molecular biology methods
- Investigation of cause food poisoning.
- Preparation of proficiency testing samples: Join assessment of homogeneity and stability of proficiency testing samples held by the Institute.
- Participate in the building and evaluation of national standards for testing toxins in food.
- The research activities related to food safety
- Participating in other activities of the Institute: certification of products, inspection of products, calibration of equipment, sampling inspection .