The 12th Meeting of the ASEAN Food Testing Laboratories Committee (AFTLC) was held on 27-28 April 2018,Langkawi, Malaysia. The Meeting was chaired by Dr Panadda Silva, National Institute of Metrology Thailand (NIMT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand, and vice-chaired by Dr. Tran Cao Son, National Institute for Food Control (NIFC), Viet Nam. The Meeting was attended by delegates from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam and the ASEAN Secretariat.
The 12th Meeting of AFTLC
The Meeting discussed many important matter of AFTLC including the implementation of the Mechanism Procedures for Monitoring the Performance of AFRLs; building the manual of AFTLC; Mapping of Food Safety Testing Laboratory Network in ASEAN Member States; and the development of the first AFTLC bulletin. The Meeting noted the report of 9 AFRLs including Genetically Modified Organism (GMO), Heavy Metals and Trace Elements, Veterinary Drug Residue, Pesticide Residues, Mycotoxins, Food Microbiology, Food Additives, Food Contact Materials, and Environmental Contaminantsand requested AFRLs to also include in the progress report: the output, results of the proficiency testing and the impact of the training and PTs conducted, including follow up actions taken.
The Meeting reviewed the applications of the expert for the assessment of new AFRL for Marine biotoxins and Schombotoxin and agreed to have two experts from the ASEAN region and one from outside the ASEAN region. AFTLC agreed to engage the expert nominated by Viet Nam (Dr. Tran Cao Son), Malaysia (A/P Dr. Lim Po Teen) and Japan (Dr. Toshiyuki Suzuki) be the panel of experts for the assessment of Thailand and Singapore laboratories.
The 13thAFTLC Meeting will be held back to back with the 27th PFPWG Meeting with one day workshop and two days meeting tentatively planned to be held in November 2018 in Myanmar.
Newer news items:
- INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROFICIENCY TESTING PROGRAM - THE 2nd ROUND OF 2019 - 29/03/2019 02:40
- The youth from the National Institute for Food Control participated in the 28th Technical Festival for Creativity among young professionals in the Health Sector in Hanoi - 26/03/2019 04:17
- Summarizing the activities in 2018, orientation for 2019 of the National Institute for Food Control - 01/02/2019 03:17
- EARLY 2019 CELEBRATION OF NEW PARTY MEMBER AT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR FOOD CONTROL - 01/02/2019 03:16
- TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROFICIENCY TESTING PROGRAM IN THE 2nd ROUND OF 2018 - 31/05/2018 08:46
Older news items:
- INVITATION TO FOOD CONTROLCONFERENCE 2018 - 10/05/2018 00:10
- ANNOUNCEMENT INVITATION TO FOOD CONTROL CONFERENCE 2018 - 06/03/2018 02:19
- Seminar on studying, understanding and implementing the Resolution of the 6th Central Conference, the 12th session of the Congress of the Communist Party for staff at the National Institute for Food Control in 2018 - 06/02/2018 07:12
- Invitation to participation in the proficiency testing program in the 1st rount of 2018 - 03/01/2018 07:22
- Registration to participate in the 5th proficiency testing program 2017 - 03/11/2017 10:09